2014 Best of the Southwest Service & Tourism Awards call for nominations are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who nominated. We had a great response. All those nominated will be contacted.
Judging will be conducted and the top 3 finalists in each category will be identified and notified on or before Monday, September 15, 2014. Winners will be announced at the 2014 Best of the Southwest Service & Tourism Awards gala on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 in Lethbridge at the Yates Theatre. Click here for tickets.
- Presented to an individual whose professionalism, dedication, attitude, and quality of service best exemplifies the excellence in southwest Alberta’s accommodation industry [Hotel, Motel, B&B, and Campground].
- Presented to an individual who is committed to service excellence and enhances the unique experiences of visitors and reputation of the tourism industry by inspiring and engaging adventure travel.
- Presented to an individual who demonstrates a commitment to customer service excellence by embracing and enhancing visitor experiences while working to share the culture and history offered at an attraction, museum, or gallery.
Events & Conferences – Sponsored by Economic Development Lethbridge
- Presented to an individual who planned and executed a special event, annual event, conference or trade show that benefited the region of southwest Alberta.
Food & Beverage – Sponsored by Park Place Shopping Centre
- Presented to an individual who provided exceptional customer service and enhanced the overall experience of visitors to a restaurant, fast food location, banquet with catering, lounge, pub, night club, or food truck.
Health & Wellness
- Presented to an individual who made the overall experience of improving guests’ health and wellness comforting, relaxing, energizing, and friendly [Health Care, Fitness, Spa].
Home & Trade Services
- Presented to an individual who is dedicated to providing prompt, high quality, outstanding customer service in construction, cleaning, telephone, plumbing, etc.
Media Recognition Award
- Presented to an individual or business in the media industry for commitment and contribution to showcasing southern Alberta as a destination.
Retail Shopping Services – Sponsored by Park Place Shopping Centre
- Presented to an individual assuming a front-line position at retail outlets, service stations, or grocery stores. The individual excelled in the level of service for local residents and visitors while enjoying their shopping experience.
Sports & Recreation
- Presented to a business in the sports and recreation sector that has enhanced the awareness of southwest Alberta and their reputation in the tourism industry by being committed to service excellence [Golf, Baseball, Pools].
Tourism Champion – Sponsored by Execuserv Plus Inc.
- Presented to an individual or business that has demonstrated a commitment to the tourism industry by creating a new marketing or tourism product/service to enhance the awareness of southwest Alberta.
Travel & Transportation
- Presented to an individual who delivers excellent customer service while employed at an organization providing transportation solutions [Tour bus, Taxi, Limo, Rental Car].
- Presented to an individual who enhanced the awareness and experience of travelers by creating, providing, and delivering exceptional customer service. The individual is employed in a Visitor Information Centre, Reservation Centre, or is a Travel Agent.
Volunteer – Sponsored by Lethbridge Exhibition Park
- Presented to an individual that demonstrates outstanding volunteer spirit. The individual dedicates time, energy, and ideas regularly, and is always willing to lend a helping hand to the organization and to visitors.
Accommodation of the Year
- Presented to an accommodation that is committed to enhancing their reputation and awareness in the tourism industry by consistently providing their guests with an outstanding overnight stay.
Attraction/Festival/Event of the Year – Sponsored by Lethbridge Exhibition Park
- Presented to a business or organization that has held a special event that fostered fun, uniqueness, and enhanced awareness of southwest Alberta. The event poses great spirit and raised southern Alberta’s profile as a tourism destination.
Municipality/Community of the Year – Sponsored by Community Futures
- Presented to a restaurant that works together to develop, build, promote, and enhance tourism in southwest Alberta.
Restaurant of the Year
- Presented to a restaurant that has a strong culinary reputation in southern Alberta. There is an emphasis on community spirit and offering attractive but different items to the menu or offering unique events. The restaurant stands out to others as providing the ultimate dining experience.
Rules & Regulations for Nominations
- Committee Members of the Best of the Southwest Service and Tourism Awards are excluded from nominations
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of October 1, 2014 to be eligible for the award
- Nominations must be received upon closing date issued. Closing is August 15, 2014
- A business may nominate themselves
- An employer may nominate their staff
- Locals and tourists are encouraged to nominate
- Selection committee will base their decision on the information provided and may ask the nominee be interviewed. Please provide as much information as possible.
- Winners must understand they may be contacted by media
- Winners must agree to have their name and photo published